17/6/2011 9:30PM

SET 1018.96 (-0.59)

In the afternoon, volume picked up. But what really picked up was the value traded (37 billion), which was higher today than it was on Tuesday when the market went up almost 20 points. The most active value comes from ADVANC (+3.25, +3.32%), TOP (-1.75, -2.42%), and TRUE (+0.02, +0.50%). Looking at the Investor Types, this jump in value is not coming from Institutions, Foreign, or Proprietary. Instead, this is coming from Local Investors. So, some local investors buying a lot of ADVANC shares at this time. Hmmm.

BCP had four big lots totalling to 375,483,963 shares at 20.80 baht. Word must have gotten out in the end because BCP's share price jumped from 20.30 to 20.80 at the close. A 0.50 baht (almost 2.5%) jump. Hmmm.

Some peculiar things happening behind the scenes today...

As of right now, most of Europe has gained, with Greece gaining a whopping 3.80% on Germany's Angela Merkel and France's Nicolas Sarkozy saying that they will work with the European Central Bank to come up with a rescue package and also get private creditors to help share Greece's burden, rather than let Greece's bondholders suffer most of the damage. That sure sent the market up, but how is it gonna go down? Private banks stepping in to lend to Greece. Then what? What if Greece eventually fails to pay them back? I'm not an expert on this topic by any means, but from what I've read, I'm a little skeptical. Regardless of what I think, the US market is also up from this news, with the Dow at 12,061.73 (+100.21, +0.84%) right now.

Let's hope all is sweet as peaches next week.